AI4EDU pursues the following Specific Objectives:
- To study perceptions of the educational community related to AIEd technologies and tools, elicit the students’ and teachers’ needs, and translate them to user requirements for AI4EDU AI applications.
- To investigate and define a pedagogical framework for the deployment of the AI4EDU applications.
- To create high-quality educational datasets to train AI systems.
- To adapt and integrate core AI technologies for the development of a conversational AI assistant for students and teachers.
- To validate the AI4EDU applications against user-needs and demonstrate the potential and drawbacks of AI techniques with pilots in realistic educational settings.
- To support educational standards for the effective integration of AIEd.
- To deepen our understanding of the ethical implications, as well as of issues of inclusion and equity, in the integration of AI in education.
- To ensure the impact and long-term sustainability of AI4EDU and its outputs.